Jewellery store in Egypt. (Ahram Online)
- The 24 karat per-gram price reached EGP 2,640 on Thursday, a 2.7 percent decline from Wednesday.
- The 21 karat decreased by 2.7 percent to stand at EGP 2,310 per gram.
- The 18 karat per-gram price also slipped 2.7 percent to record EGP 1,980.
- The gold pound was priced at EGP 18,480 on mid-Thursday, down from EGP 19,000 on Wednesday.
*Prices reflect updates recorded by midday.
- EGX30 inched down by 0.2 percent to end at 17043.62 points.
- EGX70 edged higher by 0.5 percent to stand at 3101.92 points.
- EGX100 increased slightly by 0.33 percent to close at 4665.57 points.
- Market cap stabilized at nearly EGP 1.1 trillion.
- Top gainer in the market was Medical Packaging Company after surging by 20 percent to close at EGP 0.9.
- Top loser was North Cairo Mills, with a decline of 5.72 percent, ending at EGP 37.9.
- The dollar remains stable in the official market, trading at EGP 30.82 for purchase and EGP 30.95 for sale.
- The euro slipped to EGP 33.15 for purchase and EGP 33.29 for sale.
- The Saudi riyal stabilized at EGP 8.22 for purchase and EGP 8.25 for sale.
*Sources: The Central Bank of Egypt's official exchange rates, the Egyptian Stock Exchange, and iSagha.